Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday April 5

When my alarm went off at 5:46 am my first thought was, "Gee, what is today??" Then I remembered that I had a 7am Panera shift to work this morning and if I didn't get my butt in the shower, I was gonna be late. What a way to start a Sunday. The good news is that I'm starting to feel slightly more like a human being, just in time to start up another work week.

I packed a breakfast to take with me. Ate the banana in the car. That delicious looking goody in there is a homemade granola bar. Mm-mmm. I spread the peanut butter on top. I guess it would have been more tasty if I had been able to sit down and enjoy it rather than grab bites in between waiting on customers. (p.s. I don't know how the spatial relations of this photo got so mixed up - the granola bar was def bigger than that peanut butter packet!)
I also had a cup of Panera's delicious coffee with some fat free half and half. Worked the whole five hour shift without a break - if I had sat down I wouldn't have been getting back up!

At the end of my shift, I grabbed a small fruit cup.
Once home, I made myself a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with veggies, soy cheese, and some avocado. It really hit the spot and I was thankful to finally sit my tired behind down!!






After laying around a lil, I was feeling snacky, but I was able to minimize the damage with jus one Samoa. (Still workin on the Girl Scout Cookies..)

For a snack while watching some game shows with my brother, I had a Fiber One yogurt mixed with some cinnamon, flax seeds, and topped with a lil mango.Dinner was another sandwich (I know you're surprised, lol). All veggie with hummus and avocado, soy cheese, served on a whole grain bagel.After dinner I went shopping at Meijer. I decided that it was a long weekend and wanted to treat myself, so I stopped at the double arches for a kiddie size vanilla cone. Mmhmm, kiddie size. My poor lactose intolerant, sugar sensitive stomach suffered later, but I enjoyed every last lick. ^.^

I'm optimistic about the coming week, even though it's SNOWING IN APRIL. Welcome to Michigan. But baseball season opens today, and Friday is opening day at Comerica, so even snow can't bring me down. Yay!

No comments: