Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday April 20

Today was rainy and yucky - perfect for a Monday. I refuse to complain - the weekend was beautiful. I set my alarm for 7PM instead of 7AM. I'd call myself stupid, but it's the third time in the last week I've done it. This is beyond stupidity.

I had time to make myself a nice breakfast before rushing to work. Toasted banana muffies (homemade) with Justin's Maple Almond Butter, some sliced almonds, and banana slices. I also had some coffee (as if you're surprised - gotta have something to dunk my muffies in). At work I ate the rest of my banana from breakfast.
I ran some errands on my lunch hour - I wasn't hungry because breakfast was so late. Back at my desk, I had a nice pasta combo of whole wheat pasta, baked tofu, goat cheese, and a Green Giants veggie mix that had a Rosemary Butter sauce.
Someone brought in leftover Easter Candy - and before I knew what I was doing - this Cadbury egg was in my mouth. Turns out - Cadbury eggs are gross. I still ate the whole thing... and felt gross the rest of the day.
I had some Apple Cinnamon Herbal tea as I worked on some homework and played around on my computer..... I mean worked.
I didn't have an afternoon snack, so I was starrrving by the time I got home. I micro-steamed some broccoli & carrots, tossed with EVOO and a seasoning blend while I contemplated dinner.
I decided that cooking was not on my list of things I felt like doing so I microwaved a Roasted Vegetable Lean Cuisine pizza and had that with some baby lettuce tossed in a greek dressing.
Microwave meals are never that photogenic - I think I did good. lol.
And I think I'll end this on a rant (short rant) about the state of Me lately. I've been reverting back to old ways - bingeing, purging (sometimes - usually on the weekend) - because I'm putting junk in my body. Garbage in, Garbage out. On days when my eating gets out of control - I just stop taking pictures and skip blogging that day.
Eating crap is probably why I've been so tired lately with just about zero energy to work out. I don't know if it's my personal life (getting cut loose from my job, the potential start of a new relationship, semester at school ending, new semester starting, onset of spring, anticipation for summer, excitment over my upcoming Florida Vacation) or a real physical thing, but I need to cut the crap.
I've decided to get back to basics (which does seem to be a theme with a lot of the blogs I've been reading recently). Now, I know I'm not perfect, and I don't claim to be, but I really do need to nip this crazy eating of mine in the butt.
I'm reading a wonderful book by Elizabeth Gilbert called, "Eat, Pray, Love". I'm sure many of you have heard of it - I highly reccommend it. It's just what I need right now in my life. I'll save you the spirituality rant I've got going on inside me, but I will say this - I'm not generally a highly religious person and you don't need to be to enjoy this book. It's more about focusing on your own spirituality and faith from a more personal perspective and less of an organized religious faith perspective.
Okay - goals:
Get some sleep.
Eat REAL, GOOD food.
Smile.
Make it through the week.
Night!

No comments: